Thanks to everyone who came down the Bay Hotel on Saturday to buy a raffle ticket and lend some support to help get young Max McGuigan over to the ISA World Championships in California at the end of October. It was great to see a wide range of Maroubra locals, supporters and members of all three boardriders once again coming together for the cause.
On that note, you may be aware that on the day we announced that the 3 boardriders will be holding the first ever Maroubra United comp on Saturday September 29. This is going to be an epic day with a lot of great surfing and a few laughs, so make sure you block it out in your calendars.
With that and other representative comps, September has turned out to be a crazy month for us, so we wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the upcoming comps schedule (which as you know has changed since the start of the year) – the next Southend comp is October 06 and then again on October 20. So the next few weeks are looking like this:
- September 15 – Australian Boardriders Battle (Kiama) – Come down to Bombo Beach to support the Maroubra United Opens team as we battle for a place in the National titles
- September 22-24 – Junior Kirra Teams Challenge (DBah) – Our Junior team is heading up to the gold coast to reclaim the trophy that we won in 2016 (and missed out on last year by a few points)
- September 29 – Inaugural Maroubra United comp. All 3 boardriders combining efforts, resources and whatever brain-power we can muster to hold the first ever Maroubra United comp – which as you may have heard will include a novelty event or two for good measure
- October 06 – Southend Point Score (Maroubra)
- October 20 – Southend Point Score (Maroubra)